store home |
shopping cart |
Note: All colors are shown for reference purpose only and may vary from the colors
shown due to differences in your monitor color settings. Please make sure
to review the OIKOS color chart before placing your order for more accurate presentation
of our paint products.
Home > Products By Line > Decor Division > Multidecor
Before applying and working with MULTIDECOR by OIKOS it is necessary to carry out the correct preparation of the surface according to the type of substrate. Civil and gypsum plasters: smooth over the surface and seal over any marks caused by smoke, fat or glue applying, by roller or brush, the fixative CRILUX or NEOFIX by OIKOS. Wood: even over the surface using a filler, sand down and then coat in FUNDGRAP by OIKOS. Plastic laminates, aluminium and non porous surfaces: remove any grease and sand down the surface. Following this apply the primer FUNDGRAP by OIKOS. Iron: apply a good antirust coating such as NOVALIS ANTIRUGGINE by OIKOS, follow this by applying the primer FUNDGRAP by OIKOS .
Dilution: ready to use, or to be diluted according to the method used in application
Yield: 5 to 8 m2 /l depending on the method used in application
Application tools: vary according to the effect desired
Fixatives: CRILUX, NEOFIX, FUNDGRAP o NOVALIS ANTI-RUST by OIKOS
Base coat: MULTIFUND o ULTRASATEN by OIKOS
Protections: WATINS LUX o IGROLUX by OIKOS
Application temperature: +5°C to +36°C (with relative humidity not exceeding 80%)
Tack free time: 1 hour (temperature = 20°C with relative humidity not exceeding 75%)
Time until fully cured: 7 days (temperature = 20°C with relative humidity at 75%)
Tools cleaning: water
Composition: acrylic resins in water dispersion, organic and inorganic pigments and special pearly, metallic, multicolour materials.
Specific weight: 1.03 kg/l ±3%
pH: 8.5 to 9.5
Viscosity: 12,000 to 16,000 CPS Brookfield (RVT 20 revs/min. a 25°C)
Storage temperature: +2°C to +36°C. Keep from freezing
Fire reaction: negative if applied on to a non flammable surface, water based material with a dry thickness of less than 0.600 mm
Water vapour permeability (SD): 0.09 m (max allowed limit 2 m, DIN 52 615)
Washed resistanc: conforms to the norm DIN 53778, resistance to at least 1000 abrasive cycles
Abrasion resistance: conforms to the norm DIN 53 778 resistance to more than 5000 abrasive cycles
Cleanness effect: conforms to the norm DIN 53 778: paint coat free from dirt with less than 800 abrasive cycles
Colours: available in finish: E, E opac, and ES of the colour chart
Packaging: 1, 5, and 15 litres
To achieve the perfect finish, apply the following intructions for different finishes by OIKOS.
- Alonato Finish: It is possible to work in two different ways. Alternative a): using a brush, apply the product directly onto the wall in vertical stripes, from top to bottom, taking care to alternatethe stripes in various colours. Following this, using the STEEL TROWEL by OIKOS, amalgamate together the colours to obtain the desired effect. Alternative b): apply on to the STAILESS STEEL TROWEL by OIKOS two or three colour shades of MULTIDECOR and apply onto the wall in vertical movements from top to bottom. Pass over again with the spatula from top to bottom, this time without product, to cover over areas that have remained uncovered. Re pass over the surface with the spatula from top to bottom to create veins of colour which, amalgamating together, create this particular and very original effect.
- Legnato-Moire Finish: Using a brush or roller, apply evenly onto the wall MULTIDECOR diluted 5 to 10% drinkable water. Legnato: whilst the product is still wet, using the special GRAINING ROCKER by OIKOS, pass over the surface going from top to bottom, turning the wrist slightly to obtain the effect of the veins and the knots of wood. Moiré: whilst the product is still wet, using the special GRAINING ROCKER by OIKOS, pass over the surface going from top to bottom, turning the wrist slightly without creating the knots.
- Nuvolato/Guantato Finish: Using a brush, apply onto the wall in a random manner, patches of various colours of MULTIDECOR as it is or diluted with a maximum of 5 to 10% of drinkable water. - Nuvolato effect: following this, using a flat, synthetic sponge, work the product on the wall, creating light and dark contrasts that give the appearance of a cloudy sky. The combination of colours used, the colour of the base coat and the style of application used, will determine the final desired effect. - Guantato effect: using the special GLOVE by OIKOS, work the various colours creating on the surface an uneven effect of light and dark tones. Depending on the colours chosen, it is possible to obtain stronger or weaker light and dark contrasts.
- Pennellato Finish: Using a roller or a brush, apply the product undiluted onto the surface in areas of one m2 at a time. Following this, using a brush in the size desired, lightly brush the product in such a way as to leave the brush strokes. Continue the application of MULTIDECOR in this manner until the surface is completed. Once dried, after approximately 6 to 8 hours it is possible to apply a second colour of MULTIDECOR repeating the application thus obtaining a multicolour effect.
- Spugnato Finish: Pour an adequate quantity of MULTIDECOR, diluted with 20% of drinkable water, onto a pallet board and dip the special NATURAL MARINE SPONGE by OIKOS in the product. Buff the wall with the sponge, coated in product, repeating the action until the surface is completed. It is possible to apply a second and third colour of MULTIDECOR, without having to waiting for the complete drying of the colour that has already been applied, thus obtaining a multicolour effect.
- Tamponato Finish: Using a roller or brush evenly apply MULTIDECOR (ready to use or diluted 5 to 10% with drinkable water) onto an area of approximately one m2 and work with the product using the TAMPONE by OIKOS in the following method: rest the TAMPONE by OIKOS on the surface, raise it slightly whilst making light turns with the wrist and continue working in this manner to obtain the desired effect. Continue the application of MULTIDECOR until completed, avoiding to overlap the areas that have already been worked. On larger areas it is possible to use the special CLOTH PAD 17 x 17 cm or the EFFECT ROLLER by OIKOS. Once dry after approximately 6 to 8 hours, it is possible to apply a second colour of MULTIDECOR thus obtaining a multicolour effect.
- Taponato Gocciolato: Dilute the product with 5 to 10% of drinkable water then apply the product onto the wall, using the GOCCIOLATO SPRAY GUN by OIKOS or another similar spray gun, so that by controlling the emission of product and air through the pressure regulator, the pulverisation of the product is avoided.
By using nozzles of varying sizes (2.5-3-3.5 mm) and regulating the air pressure, it is possible to change the gocciolato effect until the effect desired is obtained. To achieve this it is recommended to carry out a trial before application in order to find the best ratio of product/air/nozzle. Having finished the application, it is immediately possible, using the same technique, to apply another colour of MULTIDECOR thus gaining a multicolour effect.
Currently displaying items 1 to 30 of 58. Click below to navigate through the entire listing.
<< Previous Set |
Next Set >>